Have you heard about Amanah Hartanah Bumiputera? Recently our Prime Minister launched Amanah Hartanah Bumiputera which is open to Bumiputera, aged 3 months and above with a minimum investment of RM500.
With initial investment of RM1 billion, this trust fund will allow Bumiputeras to participate in owning prime property assets throughout the country. As we all know, not many Bumiputeras has the power to buy strategic assets costing thousands of ringgit. So, this is a very wise move in helping our poor Bumiputeras.Now there are many who take a wait and see attitude. Because there are stories saying current property values are unstable and they can go south any time soon. Some also compare profit of investing in gold. The end of the story is it is up to oneself. Look at shares offered by Bank Rakyat some time ago, until now there was no opportunity to increase investment; those who invested earlier already have doubled their profit!
Monday, November 29, 2010
RM1b Amanah Hartanah Bumiputera launched
PELABURAN Hartanah Bhd (PHB), a subsidiary of Yayasan Amanah Hartanah Bumiputera, today launched a RM1 billion investment fund to help Bumiputera entrepreneurs own properties.
The "Amanah Hartanah Bumiputera" launched by Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak is open to Bumiputera entrepreneurs with an initial investment of only RM500.
"Under the Syariah-compliant investment scheme, Bumiputeras will indirectly have an opportunity to own equities in major properties. The unit trust will be sold at RM1 a unit," said PHB managing director and chief executive officer Kamalul Arifin Othman at the launch of the scheme.
He said PHB was collaborating with Maybank to facilitate smooth transaction of the scheme.
"Bumiputera entrepreneurs who are keen to participate in the scheme can go to the 400-odd Maybank branches nationwide to buy the AHB units," he said.
On AHB returns, Kamalul Arifin assured investors that the returns would not be less than six per cent per annum based on the property sector's performance at the Golden Triange area.
He said the PHB would continue to identify business opportunities through acquisition of premier assets and developing properties particularly in the commercial property development sector.
"We are also looking to grow the fund size by another RM500 million by next year," he added.
Established in May 2006, PHB is an investment holding company, which currently owns properties worth in excess of RM1 billion in and around the Klang Valley.
- Syariah compliance
- Expected return of at least 6%
- Investment in
§ Islamic Money Market
- Initial investment = RM500 (RM1 = 1 unit)
- Minimum Additional Investment = RM100
- Maximum Investment = RM200,000
- Children = age 3 months and above (tie to parent’s account)
- We have to go to any Maybank branch to open an AHB account. In the registration form:
§ we will have to specify our savings account number (can be any bank)
§ invest at least RM500
- When we open an AHB account, Maybank will only provide a copy of our “Registration form” (no investment book like ASB). Personal data will be stored in Maybank Automated Retails System.
- Dividend/Distribution will be automatically transferred to the saving account provided during registration. (Not like ASB whereby, the dividend will be reinvested into our ASB account).
- Dividend/Distribution will be made twice a year (if any)
- How to make additional investment?
Either by cash or bankers cheques. Just bring your IC to the counter
- How to withdraw?
Fill up a “Borang Jualan Balik” at the counter. Have to withdraw at least RM500.
- Assets involved in the investment are:
§ 3c4 Putrajaya
§ CP Tower
§ Logistic Warehouse
§ Wisma Consplant
§ Tesco Setia Alam